Are you over the age of 40 and wish to bring a little bundle of joy to your life? Well, if you and your partner are trying for quite some time, you might have already realized that this journey to parenthood is full of challenges. However, you should not lose hope because there are many options in modern times that will be helpful to make your dream come true. And yes, IVF is one of the most promising options out there.
In this post, we are going to share some fundamentals of IVF and what should be your next steps toward your much-awaited motherhood.
Should you Opt For Professional Consultation with Fertility?
Well, you are not alone in this. Most couples like you hope for a natural pregnancy. However, the harsh truth is that when a female enters her 30’s, the chances to naturally conceive start getting slimmer. Yes, you might be surprised to know that even the experts found out that the best time to conceive for women is between their late 20s and early 30s.
That’s where we will suggest you start seeking professional help if you are in these scenarios:
- You are trying to conceive for a long time, no matter your age
- If you are a woman over 40 and don’t want to wait anymore
Also note that seeking professional guidance doesn’t mean that you and your partner can’t get pregnant; rather, professional consultation is a great opportunity for both of you to solve your
concerns at an early stage.
A professional will guide you regarding your best next steps, which may also include natural pregnancy or infertility treatments such as IVF.
What is IVF?
IVF, also known as In Vitro Fertilization, in simple terms, is an assisted reproductive technique. It is also popular as ‘test tube baby’.
In this process, eggs are developed inside a woman’s body through some specialized hormone injections. The next step involves the extraction of eggs outside the woman’s body.
Further, these extracted eggs then go through another process where they are made to fertilize with male sperms through conventional In Vitro Fertilization. Then, the embryos that are formed are cultured in a professional IVF lab, and then they are incubated.
It takes around 3-4 days to assess the embryos. And that’s when the professionals transfer the best embryo(s) inside the female’s womb.
4 Scenarios Where IVF Treatment Can be Effective
- Blocked tubes: If you are dealing with blocked fallopian tubes, then it may be a key issue in your infertility, and that’s where IVF can be of great benefit.
- Patients over 40 with low ovarian reserve: If you are a patient with low ovarian reserve, then IVF can be an ideal solution for you to rapidly increase the chances of conceiving.
- Infertility in male patients: It may be surprising for you to know that IVF can be an effective treatment for male infertility, too. If you are the one dealing with it, try consulting an IVF center today.
- Endometriosis: It is a health situation where parts of the womb lining start growing outside the woman’s womb, which causes infertility, and that’s where professional IVF treatment can prove to be helpful.
Why Seek Counseling From an IVF Specialist?
Counseling with professionals will help both of you to understand the exact reasons for your infertility and whether you should try conceiving naturally or go for IVF treatment.
Searching for IVF Treatment in Ludhiana? Look no further than Eva Hospital, known for delivering high-quality and ethically sound infertility treatments. Dr. Shivani Bhutani, our esteemed IVF specialist, is dedicated to providing exceptional care and expertise to guide you through your journey towards parenthood.
Remember, no matter if you are 30 or 40, there is still hope!